So basically, I’m obsessed with rice at the moment. I always go through food phases, that’s why it doesn’t come as a surprise to me that, at the moment, I could eat rice all day every day. Whether it’s as a side to a delicious thai curry or as in this recipe as pretty much the main thing, I just love this stuff. That’s why I wanted to share with you guys my recipe for fried rice, hope you enjoy!
Easy Vegan Fried Rice (aka Love in a Bowl)
- cooked and cooled rice of choice (i love brown rice or quinoa)
- lots of veggies, chopped up (you can really use whatever you find in your fridge, some of my faves are carrots, leek and mushrooms)
- Garlic and ginger
- 1 Onion
- soy sauce
- sambal oelek or sriracha
- Rice Vinegar
- some lime juice
- coconut oil
- Start by softening the coconut oil in a pan or a wok
- Mince garlic, ginger, and onion, then add to the pan and fry till soft.
- Add the veggies and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the rice and fry till you hear a nice sizzling noise, about another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add as much soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha and lime juice as you like and fry for a bit longer. that’s it, so simple, so many options and oh so very tasty!